Sunday, February 23, 2014

Philosophy of Teaching

I believe that the purpose of an educator is to create a stimulating and compassionate learning atmosphere so that diverse students can grow and aspire to fulfill their life goals.  It is my responsibility, as an educator, to make sure that each student achieves his or her full potential, in my class and in everyday life.  It is important for me to relate to all of my students and to become a mentor and role model for them.  
In the classroom, I will demonstrate professionalism, intelligence and compassion in the subject area of mathematics. I will teach and relate to different learning style preferences.  It is essential that I connect with students who have diverse learning patterns, since not every student understands and learns material the same way.  I will teach each lesson plan with multiple strategies to help students comprehend the subject matter in the manner that they are best able to grasp it.  I will attempt to enrich the curriculum for students of all backgrounds, treating each lesson with equity, encouragement, and passion.  I chose to teach the subject of mathematics because I know it is a very difficult subject for many students to master.  I will share my passion for mathematics and ponder crafty and enjoyable ways to make mathematics relevant to the lives and aspirations of my students.  I will create a positive learning environment for all students and be culturally responsive as a teacher.  I believe that it is my obligation to inspire each and every student to do their very best.  

In today’s day and age, receiving an exceptional education is absolutely imperative to becoming successful.  I take it as my responsibility to make sure that each one of my students is prepared for the next step in his or her life.  My students are the future leaders of this great country and, as an educator, I refuse to fail them.

Vocabulary with definitions:
1)  stimulating:  encouraging and interesting
2) essential:  necessary to do
3)  multiple:  more than one
4)  curriculum:  class material
5) obligation:  an action you must do
6) imperative:  vital or crucial

Vocabulary Exercise:
                                   Matching
1)  stimulating                                   a)  class material

2) essential                                       b) vital or crucial

3)  multiple                                        c)  encouraging and interesting

4) curriculum                                    d) an action you must do

5) obligation                                      e) more than one

6) imperative                                     f) necessary to do

Grammar point:  In my passage I used a lot of different adjectives.  We use adjectives to describe a noun or action.  Please highlight all of the different adjectives throughout the passage.

Grammar exercise:  Write about what you want to be when you grow up and why.  Use different adjectives to describe how you see yourself as an adult.

2 comments:

  1. I like the grammar exercise you picked. I think asking the question what you want to be when you grow up is a great question to ask any student because you can learn a lot about a student's interest and ambition through this question. You can also create lessons based on what each student wants to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good philosophy statement! Your choice of vocabulary words and grammar point are very appropriate.

    ReplyDelete